EXXONMOBIL’S JOHN DONER RECEIVES NLGI’S HIGHEST HONOR
The National Lubricating Grease Institute (NLGI) recently honored ExxonMobil technical expert John P. Doner with its prestigious “Award for Achievement.” This award is reserved for individuals who have made exceptional contributions to the long-term growth and development of the institute and the field of lubricating grease technology. Currently an advanced research associate with ExxonMobil Research & Engineering in Paulsboro, NJ, Doner holds nearly 20 patents related to grease manufacturing and composition.
Throughout his 30-year career with the corporation, he has both participated in and overseen the development and formulation of many high-performance, Mobil-branded greases that are today used in nearly every type of commercial and industrial business. A prolific technical writer and longtime NLGI Fellow, Doner has authored and presented numerous grease technical papers to the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) and Society Of Tribologists and Lubricating Engineers (STLE).
NEW GERMAN LUBE SUPPLIERS ENTER NORTH AMERICAN MARKET
Omnium International, Inc., (Philadelphia, PA) has added two new partners to its global network of lubricant related businesses. The first company is Hermann Bantleon, GmbH based in Ulm, Germany. Bantleon’s product range covers virtually all areas of finished lubricants for commercial and industrial vehicles and machinery, including petroleum-based, synthetic and environmentally friendly/biodegradable products. The company also offers product customization for a variety of lubrication applications, including full-service fluid monitoring and products for the complete metalworking process chain. Bantleon is certified according to DIN EN ISO 9001:2000 and 14001. The second new Omnium partner entering the North American marketplace is OKS Spezialschmierstoffe GmbH. Based in Munich, Germany, OKS is a member of the Freudenburg Group. It manufactures over 150 different specialty lubricants and chemotechnical products for maintenance, repair and operation.
FLOWSERVE OPENS A NEW MIDWEST VALVE SERVICE CENTER
Flowserve has announced the opening of a new Quick Response Center (QRC) for valves in Portage, IN. QRCs are maintenance, repair and manufacturing operations strategically located throughout the world to supply Flowserve customers with a range of local services that help support the reliability of their rotating equipment. The 10,000-sq. ft. Portage QRC, the newest such facility in the Flowserve network, will be supplying full machining, welding and service capabilities for Valtek and Kammer valve customers in a six-state region, including Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Ohio, Michigan and Wisconsin.
ASE LOOKS FOR THIS YEAR’S STARS OF ENERGY EFFICIENCY
Have your battle cry heard—your energy efficiency battle cry—or help put a deserving spotlight on someone else’s. The Alliance to Save Energy (ASE) is inviting individuals and organizations to submit nominations for this year’s round of its prestigious “Stars Of Energy Efficiency Awards.” Categories include:
• Charles Percy Award for Public Service: This award recognizes an individual for an outstanding public service contribution and/or a lifetime commitment to energy efficiency.
• “Galaxy” Star of Energy Efficiency: Nominees with more than $150 million in annual revenue are eligible.
• “Super Nova” Star of Energy Efficiency: Nominees with less than $150 million in annual revenue are eligible.
• “Andromeda” Star of Energy Efficiency: Nominees with less than $10 million in annual revenue are eligible.
• “I-Star” Award for Energy Efficiency: This award recognizes the outstanding contributions to energy efficiency achieved through special projects or activities overseas that are led by nominees based outside of the U.S. territories.
• “Innovative” Star of Energy Efficiency Award: This award recognizes an emerging technology or service that has the potential to transform a sector of the energy efficiency market but which, given the early stage of the innovation, has yet to generate proven savings.
These awards will be presented at ASE’s “17th Annual Evening With The Stars of Energy Efficiency Dinner and Awards Ceremony,” slated for Sept. 17, 2009, at the Andrew W. Mellon Auditorium, in Washington, DC. For more information on this prestigious program, or to make a nomination, visit www.ase.org/dinner or contact Audrey Cotton at email@example.com.
YOUR NEWS IS OUR NEWS!
OUR READERS WANT TO KNOW ALL ABOUT IT.
SEND LMT NEWS ITEMS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org