You may have read about the recent release of Mark Twain’s autobiography—100 years after his death.
News of this much-anticipated event reminded me of one of my favorite Twain quotes: “The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.” He, of course, was referring to some confusion around the illness of a cousin. Somehow, an obituary had been written, erroneously listing the famous author as the dearly departed. Today, more than a century later, I think this quote could easily apply to some of us in the B2B arena who are still delivering print publications and ancillary products to specific markets. To paraphrase Mr. Twain: “The reports of our demise have been greatly exaggerated.”
At Applied Technology Publications there’s still plenty of life left—and lots of growing going on! We spent much of the economic downturn expanding our print, online, digital and other products and are excited about the future, especially since lubrication professionals are so crucial to the global economic recovery. We’re ready and eager to help you get this show on the road!
Here are just a few of the great new things we’ve begun rolling out in Lubrication Management & Technology this month:
- “Maintenance & Reliability Innovator Of The Year Award” in conjunction with Ken Bannister’s new Maintenance Technology column entitled “Don’t Procrastinate. . . Innovate!”
- “The Anatomy of A Centralized Automatic Lubrication System” to help you select the correct system for your application.
- “Green Gadgets,” “Efficient Gadgets” and “Reliable Gadgets” to help you do your jobs better, faster, safer.
- “Lab Spotlight,” exploring oil-analysis tests and labs.
- “Lube Starz©,” profiles of some of our hard-working readers.
This list reflects just some of the new growth you’ll find amid our already strong lineup of offerings—including a bigger and better MARTS (Maintenance & Reliability Technology Summit) that kicks off April 26 with the 2nd Annual “Reliability Gives Voice to Autism” charity gala. Our goal is to give you everything you need. Moreover, we want to serve you better than ever. Happy New Year! LMT