According to Fluke, its 430 Series II Three-Phase Power Quality and Energy Analyzers not only offer exceptional power-quality analysis capabilities, they introduce, for the first time, the ability to monetarily quantify energy losses.
The models in the Series II (the 434, 435 and 437) help locate, predict, prevent and troubleshoot power-quality problems in three-phase and single-phase power-distribution systems. Incorporating what the company calls revolutionary functions, they can help a facility reduce electrical-power consumption and improve the performance and lifespan of its electro-mechanical equipment. Capabilities include:
- Frontline troubleshooting: Quickly diagnose problems on-screen.
- Energy loss management: Measure and quantify causes of energy losses to enablesimple ROI, calculation of harmonics and unbalance mitigation.
- Power inverter efficiency: Simultaneously measure AC inputand DC output forpower electronics systems.
- Dynamic load testing: Capture instantaneous values to see the effect of load switch on generators and UPS systems.
- Capture fast RMS data: Show halfcycle and waveforms to characterize electrical system dynamics.
- Predictive maintenance: Detect and prevent power-quality issues before they cause downtime.
- Quality of service compliance: Validate incoming power quality at the service entrance.
- Long-term analysis: Uncover hard-to-find or intermittentissues.
- Load studies: Verify electrical system capacity before adding loads.