Baldor Electric Co. has introduced a new line of energy-efficient, large AC – GPM Induction Motors. Used in high-torque industrial applications, including pumps, fans, conveyors and compressors, the product line is available in stock ratings 250 – 1000 HP, 2300/4000 Volt, totally enclosed (TEFC), fan-cooled, foot mounted designs.
Features and benefits of the stock-motor lineup include:
- Cast iron frame, end shields and inner caps
- Insulated opposite drive end bearing
- Drive end slinger
- 100 ohm platinum winding RTDs
- Provisions for bearing RTDs
- Space heaters
- Suitability for use on VFD 2:1 CT, 10:1 VT
The GPM line of large AC motors can also be ordered as custom items, ranging from 250 – 1500 HP, 460, 575, 2300/400 Volt, TEFC, in foot-mounted designs.
According to Baldor, stock, as well as custom units in this product family, can be used on variable frequency drives.