Kepware Technologies (Portland, ME), a PTC business, has announced the availability of KEPServerEX Version 6 software. A major release of the organization’s flagship industrial-connectivity platform, IoT-ready Version 6 strengthens Kepware’s core product offering for end-user sites requiring increased operational scalability, security, and support.
Leveraging OPC and IT-centric communication protocols, KEPServerEX provides a single source of industrial-automation data to enterprise applications. The platform offers a library of more than 150 device drivers, client drivers, and advanced plug-ins that enable connectivity to thousands of devices and other data sources.
According to the company, Version 6 features significant enhancements to the core server functionality and user experience that deliver an IoT-friendly industrial-connectivity platform, including:
- Programmatic Changes via the Configuration API. The new REST-based API enables off-site users to remotely apply programmatic changes to the configuration via third-party client applications. Now customers can easily configure multiple KEPServerEX instances from their enterprise software, enabling improved security and collaboration between Operations and IT.
- Localization for Japanese and German Markets. Core features and top-tier drivers have been localized to improve the accessibility, productivity, and safety of KEPServerEX for local customers in Japan and Germany as well as global multinationals.
- Native Development of OPC UA Technology. Native development of core OPC UA technology provides improved performance, enhanced diagnostics, and a solid foundation for continued OPC UA functionality enhancements.
- Streamlined Licensing. Updates to KEPServerEX, the License Utility, and My Kepware improve the user experience and simplify license management—providing customers with more streamlined tools to deploy, manage, and update their servers.
- Improved User Interface (UI): An enhanced user interface streamlines project setup and deployment, enabling more effective and efficient interactions with KEPServerEX. The updates also promote a safe user experience, enable increased productivity, and improve accessibility.
- Robust Security. Now included as a complimentary core server component, the Security Policies advanced plug-in complements an industrial defense-in-depth strategy by enabling customers to assign security access permissions on individual objects based on user role.
To learn more and/or download a free demo, CLICK HERE.