According to Juniper Systems (Logan, UT), its recently introduced Mesa 2 Rugged Tablet means the days of juggling multiple devices to collect and analyze data, even in the toughest environments out there, are gone.
Containing everything a technician needs in one sleek package, the Mesa 2 offers what Juniper says is highest-rated protection against water and dust of any tablet on the market, and can go into the harshest environments imaginable. Running Windows 10, this lightweight, ergonomically designed tablet features what the manufacturer refers to as a “racing-fast processor,” a large, 7-in., extra-bright display for easily viewing maps or images, and all-day battery power lasting up to 15 hours.
Given the product’s full Windows operating system and wide range of data-collection software and apps from which to choose, users can conduct an entire data- collection process from start to finish with this device. That includes taking photos, recording field notes, and capturing a GNSS location, then analyzing any data that’s been collected. Data can also be transferred to another computer or network by way of Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or Bluetooth.
Built to be ultra-tough, the Mesa 2 offers these durability ratings/capabilities:
- IP68 waterproof and dustproof
- Operating temperature: -4 F to 122 F (-20 C to 50 C)
- Storage temperature: -22 F to 158 F (-30 C to 70 C)
- Shockproof: multiple drops from 4′ (1.2–1.5 m) onto concrete
- Designed for MIL-STD-810G test procedures: Method 500.5 Low Pressure (Altitude); Method 501.5 High Temperature; Method 502.5 Low Temperature; Method 503.5 Temperature Shock; Method 506.5 Rain; Method 507.5 Humidity; Method 510.5 Sand and Dust; Method 512.5 Immersion; Method 514.6 Vibration; Method 516.6
View a short “Mesa 2 Torture Test” video here.
The Mesa 2’s battery lasts a full 8 to 10 hours on one charge. The company notes that users who need more power can opt for an additional built-in battery that provides an extra 4 to 5 hours of runtime, plus hot-swap capability for easily changing batteries during extra-long days that result in overtime work.
For more information on Juniper Systems’ complete line of products, CLICK HERE.