In their presentation “Mobile Work Order Execution,” Diego Izarra and Jack Craighton shared some telling benefits from the use of mobile work order systems. The talk was given as part of Schneider Electric’s Empowering the Mobile Workforce in Process Industries conference, held Dec. 5 to 7 in Houston.
According to the speakers, use a mobile work order solution and you could potential see
- safety incidents reduced to zero
- work capacity increased 10% to 20%
- labor productivity increase by more than 50%
- rework drop 15% to 20%
- downtime production delays reduced 20% to 30%
- preventable failures slashed by 90%.
They also stated that mobile a mobile system can improve wrench time, material coordination, planning, work flow, scheduling, field supervision, and travel.