Schneider Electric (Andover, MA) has announced the U.S. availability of Premset, the company’s breakthrough lineup of shielded, solid insulation, medium voltage (MV) switchgear solutions for power-distribution management.
According to the company, as the first global product of its kind, the earth-shielded Premset system offers unprecedented safety, i.e., reduced internal arcing risk, along with increased efficiencies and ease of use. The main circuit components are insulated by a layer of solid material covered by an external conductive coating with ground potential. There’s no electric field in the ambient air, because live conductors and the ground are confined within the switchgear enclosure.
Built with embedded smart technology for critical applications such as those found in data centers, industrial operations, and healthcare facilities, Premset offers, among other things, the following features and capabilities:
- Shielded Solid Insulation System (SSIS) and screening of all live parts, ensuring exceptional levels of safety and reliability.
- Simple, flexible, modular design with standardized dimensions, a reduced footprint, and front-accessible power connections that’s easy to install, upgrade, and maintain.
- Advanced protection, control, and monitoring technology fully integrated for higher reliability and energy efficiency.
- Automated redundancy (Auto Source Transfer) with pre-engineered, easily applied solutions.
- Load management with integrated, smart metering.
- VIP self-powered protection and communication relay for higher MV network availability.
In addition to standard electrical, mechanical, and visual equipment inspections, to ensure equipment and components are functioning properly, Schneider Electric offers optional start-up and commissioning services for all Presmet purchases, including:
- Confirmation that the system is installed properly and operating as specified.
- Collection and evaluation of initial operational data to check insulation, current path, functionality, and sequencing to minimize future downtime and expenditures.
- Verification of correct operation of interfaces between new and existing equipment.
Beyond the standard 18-month equipment warranty, Schneider Electric Services also provides a one-year extended warranty for all commissioned Premset devices at no additional cost.
For more information on Premset switchgear, including technical specifications, CLICK HERE.