Franklin, WI-based Meltric Corp. has announced that its CS1000 Series of High Amperage Single Pole Plugs and Connectors is now approved for listing in accordance with UL 1691, the component certification standard for Single Pole Locking-Type Separable Connectors.
Devices in the company’s CS1000 Series are typically specified in Non-Load Break applications up to 400A at 600VAC, 600VDC (in North America), and 1000 VAC/1500 VDC (in Europe – CE rated). Meltric notes that these items offer a high level of safety, usability, reliability, performance, and durability in harsh operating conditions.
Features and capabilities include:
- Solid silver-nickel contact material provides superior performance and corrosion resistance
- Spring-loaded, butt-style contact technology ensures optimal contact pressure and withstands over 2000 operations
- IP66/IP67 environmental protection for wet, corrosive environments
- IP2X finger protection that protects users from live parts
- Mechanical keying system prevents insertion of the wrong phases
- Locking pin that prevents accidental disconnection, and a plug/receptacle that accepts different cable sizes.
For more information on the Meltric’s CS1000 Series, CLICK HERE.
More About Meltric
Meltric Corp. (Franklin, WI) manufactures a complete line of industrial plugs and receptacles, including UL/CSA switch-rated plugs and receptacles. The company is the North American manufacturer and distributor of Marechal Corp.’s industrial duty plugs/receptacles that were first designed in the 1950s to eliminate the safety hazards posed by pin and sleeve devices.