Schneider Electric, Andover, MA has introduced StruxureOn, a digital service that connects data center physical infrastructure assets to the Schneider Electric cloud, thus enabling the delivery of simplified and faster services.
According to the company, by leveraging real-time visibility into system performance, maintenance, and service requirements by way of a mobile app, StruxureOn’s data-driven analytics can advise of potential failures of critical equipment long before they occur and, in turn, improve the ability to service that equipment. Capabilities include:
As part of the new digital service, Schneider Electric’s Service Bureau experts are available 24/7/365 to remotely troubleshoot issues or, for situations that can’t be addressed remotely, dispatch field-service personnel to help quickly solve problems and minimize downtime. Additional capabilities, among others, include:
- Mobile access to live data.The StruxureOn app provides an instant overview of sensor data and alarms.
- Faster break-fix resolution time. Apersonalized regular report provides managers with an overview of batteries and UPS units within recommended lifespan and those nearing recommended age for replacing. They can also get an overview of alarms, incidents, connected assets, and an overall score of how your data center is running based on statistics and critical asset KPIs connected to benchmark other data centers.
- Improved cyber security. A cyber-secure connection provides improved security for infrastructure devices, and machine data forms the basis of operational insights and analytics, aimed at reducing equipment maintenance costs.
- Team chat collaboration. Managers can collaborate through chat with internal teams and Schneider Electric experts for quick resolution of a problem. Incidents are automatically created and tracked, providing easy access to real-time incident status, chat and history.
Currently available in North America, StruxureOn is expected to roll out globally on a phased basis toward the end of 2016 and into 2017. For more information, CLICK HERE.
EDITOR’S NOTE: Schneider Electric’s introduction of the new StruxureOn Digital Service for Data Centers follows closely on the heels of the company’s recent release of its Galaxy VX, a compact, highly efficient, feature-rich, three-phase uninterruptible power supply (UPS).
The latest addition to the manufacturer’s Galaxy V power-protection lineup, the easily deployed Galaxy VX seamlessly integrates into the electrical, physical and monitoring environments of large-to-hyperscale data centers, industrial operations, and other facilities. Its three efficiency-optimizing operating modes include:
- Double Conversion Mode, which reduces switching losses using a four-level conversion technology. The reduced switching stress offers greater reliability and reduction in failure rate.
- Eco Mode, a traditional economy mode that delivers up to 99% efficiency.
- ECOnversion Mode, a hybrid between Eco Mode and Double Conversion Mode. ECOnversion delivers double conversion performance with up to 99% efficiency.
The Galaxy VX UPS is available in North America through Schneider Electric and its partners. For more information on the Galaxy V portfolio of power-protection solutions, CLICK HERE.